Print Boarding/Daycare Rules and Authorization
“Services” include but are not limited to Boarding, Daycare, Grooming, Training and all added
amenities. Rio Gran, a Minnesota C Corporation agrees to provide the specific “services” to Guest for
each visit as Owner/Guardian indicates on Rio Gran Canine/Feline Services. Rio Gran will exercise
reasonable judgment in all circumstances while providing “Services”.
- Reservations will not be guaranteed without all application forms (Client Agreement,
Enrollment Application and House Rules). The profile is designed so we can get to know
each Pet on a personal level.
- Lobby hours are 7:00am to 6:00pm Monday thru Saturday and Sunday 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
Lobby is closed on all major holidays. Lobby closes early on the day prior to New Years,
Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Check-in and Check-outs are available from 7:00am to 5:45pm Monday thru Saturday and
Sunday 4:00pm to 5:45pm. There is always a full charge for the first day of stay,
regardless of check-in time. At check-out identification may be requested. Identification
is mandatory if a surrogate is picking up the Pet and must be listed on file.
- All reservations must be paid at time of pick up.
- Rio Gran reserves the right to refuse to accept a Guest if it appears to us that the Guest is
sick, shows the presence of fleas or its behavior could jeopardize the health and safety
of other Guests and our staff.
- All daycare guests must be picked up by the end of business hours. Daycare is available
Mon thru Saturday only. Dogs left after closing time must board for the night and extra
boarding charges will be the responsibility of owner/guardian.
- Cancellation of a reservation of ANY SERVICE is requested at least 24-hours in advance of
Pet's scheduled arrival date. Rio Gran reserves the right to charge cancellation fees for
late or no show.
- All Boarding reservations require as much advanced notice as possible to accommodate
your pet(s) stay. For safety reasons all guests must be on leash (NO Retractable
leashes) or in a carrier while entering and departing our lobby. Dog interaction is not
recommended between dogs on leash while in our lobby. We will properly introduce all
dogs in our assigned off-leash areas.
- Guests must have received our required standard vaccinations current within one year prior
to admittance for Services
Initial vaccinations administer, must wait 10 days prior to coming to Rio Gran. All sequential
intranasal vaccination must be administered 4 days prior to arrival. All sequential Injectable
vaccination must be administered 24 hours prior to arrival.
IF OWNER/GUARDIAN AND VETERINARIAN HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO ADMINISTER ANY OF
OUR REQUIRED VACCINATIONS, A SIGNED STATEMENT FROM VETERINARIAN AND TITER
TESTING IS REQUIRED.
Rio Gran takes serious steps to ensure the health and well-being of every Guest in our care through
proper cleaning, disinfection, and fresh air flow through our facility. Vaccine type and immunization
protocol can influence success or failure of vaccinations. Indeed, many factors may impair an
animal's ability to develop immunity after vaccination. Owner/Guardian agrees and is aware that
vaccines do not protect against all communicable illnesses that may affect a Guest.
- Owner/Guardian certifies guest is in good health and does not have or has not been
exposed to any contagious or communicable illnesses within a thirty (30) day
period prior to check-in.
- While Guests are staying with us, he/she may come into contact with other Guests
depending on the Services requested. Please note that there are many different airborne
strains of viruses that cause Tracheobronchitis, also known as “Canine Cough”. While
vaccinating every year helps support immunity to some of the strains, it does not support
immunity to all airborne strains, nor can it completely eliminate risk of developing
Tracheobronchitis. This is not due to any circumstance or condition at Rio Gran and you
agree that Rio Gran is not liable for any illness suffered by Guest during or after its stay,
including, but not limited to Tracheobronchitis.
- Rio Gran will not be held responsible for any allergic reactions to Guest. Owner/Guardian
certifies any and all allergies of Guest are recorded on the Feed and Medical Form
that will be completed upon check-in.
- Pets having symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting, coughing and/or sneezing will not be accepted
into Rio Gran. These symptoms may be easily spread to other guests. If your pet has any
of these please contact your veterinarian for treatment and keep your pet at home until
he/she is feeling better.
- Guests in Daycare found to have puppy warts, “Canine Cough”, worms, fleas, parasites,
frequent or liquid diarrhea, vomiting or another potentially contagious condition, illness
or injury will be isolated from the other Guests. Owners will be contacted to determine
the best course of action, if cannot be reached the dog may be taken for treatment by
veterinarian at the owner's expense if deemed necessary be our staff.
- If symptoms of diarrhea occur while in-house, we will give a Guest a canned bland wet dog
food easy for stomach digestion. In addition, Imodium and Pro Biotics will be provided to the Guest to
help control the symptoms, both will be a nominal cost to the owner/guardian.
- All medications must be provided by the Owner/Guardian, in the original prescription
container, properly labeled with written instructions containing Guest's name, type of
medication, dosage and schedule with no hand written changes. Guests may be
administered over the counter supplements and vitamins while staying at our hotel
- Daycare is a service designed for social dogs to play and have fun. Due to safety
precautions, daycare is not for every dog. This service is not designed to teach
aggressive dogs to be social. In order to be accepted into daycare owner/Guardian must:
- Complete all required forms (Client Agreement and Enrollment Application).
- To ensure that each Rio Gran Guest is healthy and will be happy in our social environment,
as well as to ensure the well-being of all our clients, we require that each pet go through
our Meet-N-Greet process and become PlayGroup Certified. Dogs aging from 16 weeks
to 11 years are allowed at Rio Gran as long as the dog/puppy becomes PlayGroup
Certified and/is at least 10 pounds. This process enables us to acquaint ourselves with
your dog and understand which services would be most beneficial.
- If you decide to enroll your dog in a PlayGroup Program, Rio Gran strongly requests a one
day per week commitment. This provides a safe structure to the PlayGroups. Reintroducing
dogs to the "regular packs" proves to be very challenging and stressful for
some dogs, just like sending
a child off to a new school for the first time. Dogs need structure in their lives. Dogs not
attending daycare PlayGroups for an extended period of time may need to be revaluated
and then re-introduced to a PlayGroup.
- All Guests over 7 months must be spayed or neutered to participate in our Daycare program
(except for puppies under 6 months).
- Rio Gran reserves the right to refuse any dog PlayGroup Certification and will not accept
- Bandages, cones, stitches, booties/socks, bandanas, bows, flea/tick collars, and similar
items are not allowed
- For the health and safety of all guests a monthly topical flea and tick preventative such as
Frontline is required Note: A flea/collar isn't sufficient.
- Potty breaks are always provided throughout the day for each Guest.
- Guests who are not behaving or acting cranky will be taken to a separate area for a time
- Guests who are acting aggressively or are endangering the safety of themselves or other
dogs will be put away in a separate area and the parents will be contacted to pick them
- Rio Gran reserves the right to use non-harming bark control collars on guests that are
Geriatrics/Special Needs Care
- Boarding suites and popular amenities fill up quickly and to ensure Guests receive the most
during their stay, reservations should be scheduled in advance. In order to confirm a
Boarding registration, Owner/Guardian must:
- Complete all required forms (Client Agreement, Enrollment Application and read
- Owner/Guardian certifies that the Guest has received at least two series of Distemper
vaccinations, and have the Bordetella Vaccination, and has Rabies Vaccine if 6 months
- Owner/Guardian must provide appropriate food for the entire length of the Guest(s) stay and
labeled, or Rio Gran will provide food for a nominal daily cost to the owner/guardian.
- Owner/Guardians are discouraged to bring personal bedding. In addition, soft toys are
banned in our facility due to the hazard they pose to all guests. Do not send items that
are valuable, irreplaceable or have great sentimental value. Rio Gran is not responsible
for loss or damage to any personal items left with pets. We ask that you limit the
amount of belongings you send with your pet. We provide many perks (treats, toys,
bedding etc.) so that the transition from home to the Boarding Facility can be as
enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
- Special care is designed for older Guests; medically dependent Guests; or Guests
recovering from surgery/illness. The environment is designed for the care of
- Rio Gran is equipped to handle care in most stages of illness. Owner/Guardian certifies that
all conditions, seizures and illnesses are acknowledged at check-in.
- The Pets in this area will be exercised in accordance with their condition and needs.
- All cats must be vaccinated accordingly and vaccinations must be current within one year:
- Feline Leukemia: Test only
- Pets must not have been exposed to any contagious diseases within a 30-day period prior
- Guests must be at least 12-weeks or older with one set of vaccinations and deworming to
stay in Rio Gran. This precaution is taken due to the increased susceptibility of kittens to
All terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, personal
representatives and assignees of the Owner/Guardian and Rio Gran.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, or as the result of
any claim or controversy involving the alleged negligence by any party to this Agreement, shall be settled in
accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by
an arbitrator may be entered in any Court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall, as part of the
award, determine an award to the prevailing party of the costs of such arbitration and reasonable attorney's
fees of the prevailing party. The arbitrator(s) shall apply Minnesota law to the merits of any dispute or claim
without reference to conflicts of law rules. The parties hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state
and federal courts located in this Agreement or relating to any arbitration in which the parties are participants.
The parties have read and understand this clause, which discusses arbitration. The parties understand that
by signing this Agreement that they will submit any claims arising out of, relating to, or in connection with this
Agreement or the interpretation, validity, construction, performance, breach, or termination thereof, to binding
arbitration and that this arbitration clause constitutes a waiver of the party's right to a jury trial and relates to
the resolution of all disputes relating to all aspects of the relationship between the parties.
Owner/Guardian certifies the accuracy of all information provided to Rio Gran in writing about the Guest by
signing this agreement. Rio Gran reserves the right to deny admittance to any Guest for any reason at any
Print Boarding/Daycare Rules and Authorization